A One-Stop Guide to Managing LEED-New Construction Projects
This GreenSource book explains, step by step, how to integrate LEED-New Construction (NC) rating system requirements into the building design and construction processes. Project planning, goals, coordination, implementation, and documentation are covered in detail.
LEED-New Construction Project Management provides a tested framework for taking a project from inception to successful certification and shows you how to master the tools to make the process more efficient. Three in-depth case studies covering new commercial building construction, major renovations, and a portfolio of buildings highlight the strategies presented in the book.
LEED-New Construction Project Management covers:
- The LEED rating system and LEED-NC credit categories
- The project management process
- Project definition and goal setting
- Design phase integration
- Construction phase implementation
- The LEED process: adaptability, applicability, and best practices
- Future trends
- Credit implementations: sustainable sites; water efficiency; energy and atmosphere; materials and resources; indoor environmental quality; innovation in design
Introduction; Chapter 2.
Project Management Process; Chapter 3.
Stage I: Project Definition and Goal Setting; Chapter 4.
Stage II: Design Phase Integration; Chapter 5.
Stage III: Construction Phase Implementation: Chapter 6.
LEED Process: Adaptability, Applicability, and Best Practices; Chapter 7.
The Future of Green: 2010 and Beyond; Chapter 8.